Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Conversations In The Garden

In the mornings I like to read from the Bible, reflect, and then close my eyes and have a conversation with the Lord during what I call "Garden Time With Jesus".  This started about 2 years ago and evolved into this very special time with the Lord where we have conversations and "growing time".  I am often amazed at what comes forth during these times of visualization.  What a blessing!

When I pray for the Holy Spirit to go with me and imagine going into a beautiful garden, I always always find Jesus there.  He is sitting on a bench or the ground, sometimes pruning vines or smelling flowers, walking on a path or recently sitting on a high rock overlooking all below.  I usually have way too much on my mind, but he is patient.  I often ask questions and He responds with love and guidance.  Sometimes we just walk, or a word or two will be given to me.  Other times I listen to Him speak at length.  Often scriptures and devotionals come later that confirm what was said and I always write down our conversations in a special journal.

God never disappoints.  He is always there, and even in silent times He is always loving.  Recently I was reading a post at another blog and came across a statement that just came alive for me.  She spoke of the garden of her heart, and I realized that this is where Jesus meets me......in the garden of my heart.  How precious is that?!

I have decided to share bits and pieces that come to life for me during this special time with Jesus.  Things I hope will inspire, encourage, and give you food for thought. 

Meeting Jesus in the garden of my heart.  I am so very blessed.

4 comments:

Greg and Lois said...

Hi Renee,
We havent seen you since 1968! We live in Arden Hills, MN and would love to get together with you sometime! I love reading your devotions/journaling. I have to say, you are a gifted writer. Maybe you should publish a book!??
You two have been through a lot, but you are a testimony of God's faithfulness and healing power!! Praise the Lord! God bless you! Greg and Lois

Renee said...

Hello~~~What a nice surprise to have you comment on my blog! And thanks for the compliment on my writing...It has been on my mind to write a book although I don't think I am that good of a writer....I do enjoy writing very much! It would be nice to see you guys sometime too. I seldom travel except to the doctors but we are only two hours from the cities so maybe sometime you can come down for a visit. We have such fond memories of LBI/GVLC and have stayed in touch with a few from there.

Elaine said...

Oh Renee, what a beautiful picture you have painted! I've been missing my time with HIM. My fault entirely.

Blessings to you today and always!

Gayle said...

Love the encouragement here Renee. I've had a very stressful 5 weeks, (perhaps Sunday I will write a little about what happened over the weekend) Going into the Garden to talk with the Lord is the only thing that can keep you sane.