Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday's Scribbles

Good Saturday morning to you! Today we are enjoying sunshine and looking for a high of 75 degrees before the bottom falls out tomorrow and we go back to 45 for a high.  Windows are open, and the breeze is clearing the stale house air.  Love it! 

With the nicer weather we have been able to walk outside more which is so nice.  Hello river!!  Hello sunshine and fresh air!  Yesterday while walking Joel noticed what appeared to be a large bird tucked in the trunk of a tree where it was hollowed out.  As we got closer, he identified it as a goose!  We are not sure if the goose built a nest in the trunk of that living tree or not, but I guess we will find out as time goes by.

Last Sunday afternoon we went to a talent show at the church.  The secretary asked us earlier in the week if we were going to do something for the show and I replied "No, some people already think we are a comedy act, and that is enough!"  It was a full day with 3 services for Joel and the Bible study we teach, lunch, a nap, and then off to church.  Sunday seemed to set the pace for the week!

Monday we had  a fun visit with friends.  Lana and I met in 5th grade and have been friends ever since.  She has played a pivotal role in my life which I wrote about HERE.  It was nice to chat, laugh, pray, and eat together. 

Road work continues on our street.  We did not have water Monday morning and had to park on the block in front our neighbors home which is behind ours!  They did not mind us walking through their yard, though.  Lana and Roger had to come that way to and my hair dresser who came Tuesday to cut my hair!  We have had water nearly the whole time, but it does not look safe enough to drink yet, so we have been buying water for drinking.  Expect we will have to change all the filters on our reverse osmosis too when this is over.  So it goes....

Wednesday we were at the church in the morning, walked, then grocery shopped.  Wednesday evening was Lenten services and the discussion group.  Thursday we were up early headed with another pastor and his wife to the Pastors monthly Conference meeting.  Friday night my sister Kay and her husband Dan came over for supper and a visit.  Busy week!  On that note I am rejoicing at how busy I can be and also how quickly I recovered from the virus I had.  Yes!  Another affirmation in my healing process.

My friend Lana brought me a whole series of books to read....light mysteries, so I have a few months supply.....or longer!  I am reading a Joanne Fluke Hannah Swenson (MN based) mystery to start with...and of course the usual bunch.....I think there are presently 3 I am delving into at once in the non-fiction inspirational genre.  That is my favorite.  The Jesus Book, Birthing The Miraculous, and The Believer's Authority. I watched a couple teachings, and also we took in the usual TV shows.  No movies, but I am looking forward to seeing "Heaven Is For Real" when it comes out.  We might even go to the movie theater....I have not seen a movie in a theater since Titanic!!!!

What is going on in your world?  What are you reading?  Come by for a chat.......

Until next time..............

2 comments:

Kim said...

We were just talking about seeing Heaven is For Real in theaters this week. I hope to go. It's never a dull moment in your world it sounds like! What a busy week. I hope you and Joel are enjoying this new turn in weather and getting rest with all of the action from the last week. I can't believe it's been six months since you visited. Sending both of you hugs!

Fliterary said...

Sweet Renee, it is so wonderful to read about all your activities. Goodness, God has done an amazing work in both you and Joel. What beautiful blessings!

God bless you!

Love,
Lisa