Friday, October 10, 2014

I Won't Hesitate

Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens,
“It has come at last— 
salvation and power
and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority

of his Christ.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters
    has been thrown down to earth, the one who accuses them
    before our God day and night.


 And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb
    and by their testimony. 


And they did not love their lives so much
    that they were afraid to die.
Revelations 12: 10,11

Wednesday morning I read a post written by Lisa Buffaloe about her healing from Lyme Disease.  I have been reading Lisa's posts for several years and find her writing both inspirational and encouraging. Like many with Lyme, Lisa battled this terrible disease for years.  During prayer one evening she heard Jesus speak to her as she felt heat move from her head down to her toes.  She knew she was healed.  It was then a matter of walking out that healing. Take a minute and read her story....

I have had a similar experience~ some of my healing came instantly, then inner healing with Holy Spirit at the lead took me on quite a tumultuous journey of restoration.  The rest of my physical healing has been a step by step process. That "rest of my healing" has been the hard part.  There are days I become discouraged.  

Wednesday was one of those days. Then God spoke to me through Lisa's words, and I realized I needed to pick up my mat one more time and walk forward.  I needed to rebuke the devil for whispering that I wasn't doing this healing journey the right way.   That old "I am not enough or doing it right" rising up it's serpent head hissing lies that tried to remove from my heart the "It is written" words of God.  In obedience I need to share my story.  All of it.

Because God has done amazing things in my life.  Because the powerful presence of God on me through Holy Spirit is part of my story, even if it makes others uncomfortable.  I share all my story because it gives God glory.  I share because it encourages others.....and me.  Because my Healer has led others to tell me, "God wants you well" ......"You are so faithful, don't give up!"  Because God's Word tells me Jesus already paid the price.  Because I believe in all His promises.  Because I love Him and He loves me......because of this and more....

"I won't hesitate to share what has happened ~ what God has done.......and promised."
Lisa Buffaloes

Oh God!  I won't hesitate to share just because I am afraid of looking foolish.  I won't hesitate to share just because I am still standing firm for some of my healing to be released.  I won't hesitate to share just because my broken past still plays a part of my present. 
 
Today I picked up my mat and walked forward by having last minute laser surgery on my eye to reduce pressure and get me off the beta blocker eye drop.  We had been praying for pressure to drop and it had, but I felt God telling me to say yes to the Dr.'s suggestion, whatever it would be.  It was not the path I envisioned,  but in obedience I said yes.  This, too, is part of my healing story.

So, I won't hesitate to share what has happened ~~what God has done and promised........Like Lisa and Bonnie Gray~ Faith Barista, and every single one of us, our stories are HIStory too.  He wants us to write them...to speak them...to live them.....to shine a light on what He has done and what He has promised. I will not hesitate.  It is my promise to Him.  I won't hesitate.


I am linking up today with Bonnie for Spiritual Whitespace Thursday.  Her book, Finding Spiritual Whitespace is well worth the read! 
 
Spiritual Whitespace Linkup

No comments: