Thursday, March 19, 2015

Celebrating The Day Lyme Died

It was three years ago today we called Andrew Wommack's prayer ministries and asked for someone to stand in prayer with me for the Lyme and co-infections to be gone from my body.  A woman named Rachel prayed with me.  To clarify that, she spoke to the mountains in my body.....27 years of Lyme bacteria that had entered every organ, tissue, bone, and nerve, slowly destroying my life.  Antibiotics and herbs could not kill it all off.  But prayer did.  Rachel spoke directly to the Lyme, cursing it and commanding it all to die in the name of Jesus.  She spoke to my body commanding it to rise up and be healed in the name of the One who gave authority to believers.  She spoke scriptures over my body, and she praised Jesus the Healer for the weight of sin and sickness He carried on the cross for us.

That day the Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, and Ehrlichia died.  How do we know?  For the next three weeks while the bacteria died and left poisons behind, I was in horrible pain.  If you know anything about Lyme, you know that die off is worse than the daily living......It is called "herxing".  Two months later my two doctors confirmed that the Lyme was gone.  Praise Jesus.

Are all my symptoms gone?  Not yet. My full healing has been a process.  More crockpot style than microwave, like Joels.  But the crockpot healing has also released me from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and allergies, thyroid disease.  Bringing my chronically ill body back to full health has taken me through a season of inner healing too.  A journey guided by Holy Spirit.   Seeking healing has brought me into a closer relationship with God and Jesus, and amazing life-changing encounters with Holy Spirit.  All ordained by my Papa God.  The One who delights in me.  In you.

Thinking back on the many years of horrific pain and sickness that are behind me, brings me to my knees in gratefulness for where I am today.  What we have learned about healing and Holy Spirit has taken us out of our comfort zone and into a life God has ordained.  We can never go back to our old way of living or thinking.  We have experienced the "something more" that Catherine Marshall talked about in her book of the same title I read over 40 years ago.  It has wrecked us.  And we love it.

So, today we celebrate the day I was healed from Lyme and it's nasty friends. Today we celebrate the day the enemy lost a big, long battle in my body.  And we celebrate the freedom that has come with Jesus.  We celebrate the victories yet to come.  We give praise to the One who holds our every moment!

 
 
I am linking up with Bonnie over at Faith Barista
 

beloved_brews_faithbarista_badge
 

5 comments:

Anita Johnson said...

Celebrating with you...praising God for this healing. And I am thanking Him for our friendship and for encouraging me to stay hopeful xo

Renee said...

Hugs and love to you, Anita...healing, healing, healing.

NanaNor's said...

Praising Him with you Renee. Such an incredible testimony! I rejoice in the Lord's healing. I also rejoice that you had the faith to believe He would heal you;I have a friend who I was going to send this to but the Spirit reminded me that she will not listen or believe, even though she loves Jesus. It is so sad when there is so much available to us and we don't respond.
So thankful for you.
Noreen

Gayle said...

What an amazing adventure and blessing! I have been down with a stomach virus for a few days and I can see how vulnerable it must feel to have a physical illness.

Pamela said...

I've been following you on the feebly app on my iPad but it doesn't allow for comments. This post made me go to the computer to comment. Hallelujah! God is good and I'm enjoying following your adventures :) what a fantastic witness to God that you've gone through.