Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday's Scribbles


Good Saturday morning to you from our corner of Iowa.  It has been another humid week with plenty of rain mixed in.  The land is rejoicing!  We had a couple of cold days, I mean long pant days and since I was fighting a virus of some kind, I was also wearing a hooded sweatshirt while trying to get warm.  The colder weather and the cold I was fighting have passed and things are pretty much back to normal.

Speaking of normal, just what is normal?  I think it differs for everyone, don't you? When we first started studying Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit, some things did not appear normal to us.  As Lutherans it was all so new......... ...and for the most part exciting.  I just love it when God stretches us into that something more than we could ever imagine.  He is good about that!  Ask, and He delivers!  This week we went to a prayer meeting.  We thought it was a prayer service, but it was a meeting of intercessors who were praying for churches, city, and communities.  They were loud intercessors.  Very. loud.  It took us out of our comfort zone, which I am sure Holy Spirit thought was very humorous!  Another adventure!
 
Well, our house in on the market.  We are trying to sell it ourselves, but after 2.5 days, nothing yet.  Can you tell that I am impatient?  Lots of lookers online, but no one coming to the house.  One realtor has a family who want to live in our area so he hopes to bring them by.  We have said all along, when it sells will be in God's timing.  Now I just need to trust and stand on what we are saying.  It is in your hands, God.
 
It was a lot of work to get the house looking so well for showing, only because we needed to get rid of a lot of "stuff".  All family photos stored away, minimalizing furniture so house looks bigger, garage put back together from when the bomb when off in there. Oh, that's right.......no bomb, just years of being too sick to do anything but store or toss in there what we did not have energy to take care of.  Our two car garage only fit one car with all Joel's tools and the "stuff".  It is looking good now after days of Joel spending his time sorting, purging, and running things to the Habitat Re-store and Goodwill.  The new driveway is done and looks so good, and yesterday the cement guy came back and put fresh black dirt around the driveway.  Joel will plant grass this weekend. 

We have been walking all week in the association or down by the river.  Managing 1.5 miles some days now.  Joel has not had any time to bike, which is too bad.  He enjoys that so much. 

I have been pondering what we will miss in Arizona besides our family and friends.  Deeply.
I think I will miss the sound of the wind blowing in our trees, especially the maple in the backyard.  We will miss all the green.  We will miss the change of seasons, especially fall.............my favorite time of year!  We won't miss winter or the humidity. 

We are reading a book together entitled, "Spirit Wars" which is very interesting.  We watched a little re=run TV and a couple of teachings, but mostly too tired at night to do anything but watch our new favorite show....'Tiny House Living" on HGTV. 

Until next time............


2 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

You're moving....that's such an exciting thing in your life. I've often wished we could move, but I cannot even imagine the work and effort it would take to PURGE...we've got way too much stuff!!! HOPE your house sells quickly. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment....I love visitors and encouragement. Have a great day!

Sharon said...

House buying, house selling, moving - did that 3 years ago after living in the same house for almost 29 years! There's so much that's difficult about the journey. Physical labor, yes, but also emotional stuff, too. I am chagrined to say that after ridding ourselves of a LOT of stuff, there's still stuff galore. And, true confession, I still have some unpacked boxes. Sigh.

My prayers are with you, for I know the turmoil and stress that can be part of the whole process. And, I pray that God brings just the right buyer to you...soon!!

GOD BLESS!