Saturday, September 19, 2015

Saturday's Scribbles

It is another Saturday in our corner of the world and another nice fall day after a few more days of humidity and dew points in the 70's.  Trees are starting to grace their autumn colors, pumpkins are showing up and squash is back on the menu.  Geese are gathering and squirrels are starting to store up their winter stock.  More warm weather is forecast for next week, but for now I am embracing my favorite season.

As we walked along the river this week we have enjoyed seeing the changes.

Fall colors popping up

Along the river road


Mushrooms on a tree along the river

We have spent this past week going to appointments as I prepare for surgery next Wednesday
morning.  I was very happy with the radiology oncologist who will oversee my treatment afterwards. He came in the room and I immediately felt at ease.  He talked a bit, and I thought, okay......you, I can trust.  Thank you God.  I chuckle at the 4 physical exams I have had in the past 3 weeks.  The last one gave me good news....UTI is finally gone after 3 antibiotics and the natural D=Mannose.  I just don't tolerate them well after 5-6 days, or less.  It is gone now and we are so happy about that!

Last  Sunday we went to church and then over to the nearby lake town to purchase a feel mum plants and sit by the water awhile.  It was so windy and humid we did not last long.  Wednesday night we went to the class on healing and invited friends to go with us.   Friday we celebrated good news and getting through the week with lunch out and splitting a Cabin Coffee cinnamon roll.

Joel is now on day 14 in the garage.  When things feel out of his control he works using his hands. The garage looks great and he has put everything on wheels that can be except for me! Soon he will run out of things to do in there, buy hopefully by then surgery will be over and life will move forward into the next phase of this journey.  I just had to share a few of many photos of his latest work. There are a few more things on casters.  As you can tell he likes to build his own cabinets, etc. from left over wood.


this holds wood and ladders 




I have been re-reading Heidi Baker's book, "Birthing The Miraculous".  So powerful.  Also watching a few teachings and reruns to keep my mind busy.  Next week the fall TV schedule starts.  What is going on in your world?

Until next time...............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my best friends here is have a lumpectomy on Wednesday. I will be in prayer for you both. My husbands health is getting very bad due to his weight. We are preparing for a weight loss program we will start by the end of the month. It will be rather intense but he will have a mentor and weekly classes.
Fall is slowly slipping in for us here.

Renee said...

Thank you Gayle....praying for your husbands health and journey in weight loss.